The Versatile Blogger Award
A big thank you goes out to why am I here in a handbasket? for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award. You should check her out. She’ll make you laugh so hard, you’ll pee you pants. I did this morning.
As per The Versatile Blogger rules, I need to nominate a few others for the same. As I am so new to this, it’s going to be tough, but here goes…
Cyclone Red – We redheads have to stick together! Funny ass stuff.
Nucking Futs Mama – She is trying to find where her kids hid her last damn marble. Yeah, me too.
20 Prospect – It is a trip down memory lane. And I’m a sucker for that sort of sentimental shit.
Motherhood, WTF – She’s the mom who will make you feel better about your parenting. She’s makin’ me feel better already.
PhD in Parenting – Exploring the art and science of parenting. I think this woman knows everything. She should be nominated for president of the universe. Seriously.
Not Your Mother’s Playground – It’s non-monogamy + love + sex + whatever. It’s exactly what the title says. Prudes be forewarned.
Nanny Goats In Panties – More laughs, because you need them.
Dudes Vanya Could Take - Very sporadic but funny as hell.
From Hip To Housewife…In Two Kids Flat – On momming and aging, and her twenty year quest to lose the same ten pounds. I hear you there, Nancy!
There are other blogs that I love, but some are either NOT WordPress, or they’ve already been nominated. One of those people is Nancy Roman at notquiteold. She is so funny. Check her out too!
That’s all I’ve got right now. I’m sure I’ll find many more bloggers that I love as time goes on.
I am also supposed to tell the person who nominated me seven things about myself. why am I here in a handbasket?, I hope you read this.
1. I could’ve probably been a rapper in another life. When I practice in my bathroom, I am pretty good, fo shizzle.
2. I have a secret (or maybe not so secret anymore) girl crush on Charlize Theron and Penelope Cruz. I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again – I’d love to make a blonde, redhead, brunette sandwich.
3. I have four cats – one is obese; one is like Brad Pitt in cat form – he is so damn good looking; one has arthritis and she sleeps in the same spot all day, every day; and one is the biggest “pussy” you’ll ever meet. He hides in my daughter’s closet and gets cat hair all over her clothes. She hates it.
4. I own a pair of thigh-high suede boots. I’ve worn them twice outside the house, and seven times inside my bedroom. They were VERY expensive, but in this one instance, my husband isn’t complaining.
5. My oldest son is going to be the next Robert Plant. He already has the tight pants, the wild hair and the voice. Now, he just has to drop out of college to get started on his music career. OMG, my husband would have a shit fit if he ever did that.
6. I absolutely LOVE the movie The Bridges of Madison County. I also love the television show Family Guy. I think this makes me pretty fucking screwed up.
7. I want to go to Mr. Caribbean International in Jamaica this October so bad it hurts. Anyone want to buy me tickets? I’ll blog about all the “stuff” that happens there [wink, wink]. Please disregard the first thirty-three seconds of this video. Somebody was obviously high.
Oh, and there’s one more thing…
8. I just changed my hair colour from really red to blonde-red. It makes me look younger – I hope.