Dr. Know-It-All’s Differential Diagnosis: Leave Poor Harry Alone
It’s hard to be two people. Not that I know what it’s like to be both a prince and a soldier (because I don’t), but I can imagine – it would be really tough.
What I do know about however, is dealing with other people’s lives – like whether or not they live or die – on a fairly regular basis. I do deal with death, and I tell you, it’s not easy. It can be very stressful.
So when I heard about Prince Harry and how – during a recent interview regarding his tour in Afghanistan – he compared his skill as an Apache helicopter gunner to his talent for playing video games by saying, “It’s a joy for me because I’m one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox, so with my thumbs I like to think that I’m probably quite useful,” I thought to myself, Yeah, that’s SO freakin’ true. Video games can be pretty real these days.
What I didn’t think however, what that he was an inconsiderate, cold-hearted, and immature boob. Unfortunately for him, a few others DID think that.
Poor Harry. I feel like he and I share a woebegone existence. I can’t get caught up emotionally in my job either. If I did, I’d either a) never be able to work in the first place for fear of killing someone, or b) when shit hit the fan in the operating room, I’d end up having a nervous breakdown – only to be put in some corner of the hospital with a rag and a bucket and told to wash the same spot on the floor (which I would) until the day that someone (probably my wife) got the nerve to put me out of my misery by pushing me down a flight of stairs.
So you see, just like Harry, I can’t let the solemness of work get to me. I have to be less than normal about it, some may even say cavalier.
In my opinion, anyone who thinks that Prince Harry is being too insensitive about HIS job should put themselves in the damn helicopter and go out there and shoot a few people. We’ll see what they have to say then.
On another note, my wife wants me to tell you all that she thinks Prince Harry is hot.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Dream Big: You Are What You Believe Yourself To Be wp.me/p2A6Su-2Ef #inspiration #dreaming 13 hours ago
- @GenFabulous talks about social media and its importance for writers with @KristenLambTX generationfabulous.com/coffee-chloe-k… #interview #writingtips 1 day ago
- How Twitter Can Help Reduce Belly Fat wp.me/p2A6Su-2EE #health #fitness #twitter 1 day ago
- Dream Big: You Are What You Believe Yourself To Be
- How Twitter Can Help Reduce Belly Fat
- Happy Father’s Day
- Happy Birthday To My Baby
- Smoking Is Not A Joke
- Menopause Has Given Me Superpowers
- Wanna Lose Weight? Try A Tabata
- Without Food, My Children Turn Into Monsters
- 6 Things I’d Wished I’d Gotten For My Baby Shower
- Life Is Like A Barry Manilow Song
- My Apologies To The World
- Lions And Fireflies: More Animal Funnies
- The 1980′s
- 10 Bodybuilding Tricks That Regular People Can Use To Get Lean
- Mixed Relationships: We Need More Of Them In The Media
- My Dad and I: A Special Kind Of Crazy
- Today’s World Can Be A Strange Place
- Sex In The Wild: Animals Are More Like Humans Than You Think
- A Postcard From Just Down The Street
- “I’m A Mom” Classic T-Shirts